Written Works and Media Submissions by Users: UmeNow facilitates the Submission of written works and other Media Submissions such as videos and photos by you and other users ("User Submissions") and the hosting and viewing of such User Submissions.
1. We reserve the right to transfer your User Submission from one category or area of the site to another. However, we will not alter your privacy settings.
2. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them.
3. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use the Submission and that you have the right to authorize UmeNow.com to use all aspects of the Submission, granting UmeNow, LLC a waiver to use any portions of your Submission that may contain material that is subject to copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights.
4. You affirm that you have the written consent and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Submission to use their name or likeness as contemplated by the Website and its Terms & Conditions.
5. You retain all of your ownership rights to all materials you submit. What's Yours, Stays Yours.
6. We will not intentionally re-create the content contained in your Submissions without your consent. The only exception is material that must be modified or edited for space considerations or to create thumbnails.
8. UmeNow will not casually distribute your Submissions, except as you intended when you uploaded your Submission.
9. When submissions are Anonymous, UmeNow will take every reasonable precaution to guard your identity in the absence of a court order or imminent threat to yourself or others.
10. Anonymous postings is intended to facilitate reporting on important matters when our site members prefer to remain anonymous. Anonymous status is also intended to allow free expression on any matter. UmeNow takes strong measures to protect your identity.
11. You agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage UmeNow or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or give rise to civil liability; or (iv) assume the identity of another person. You may use a pseudonym.
12. UmeNow does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and UmeNow expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
13. You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources and that UmeNow is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions.
14. You may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against UmeNow with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold UmeNow, its owners, affiliates, employees, agents and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of UmeNow.com.
15. UmeNow does not permit posting of adult content. Anyone who violates this rule will be banned. We define adult content to include pornography and any other content that depicts images that are sexually explicit.
16. The Website may offer the ability to embed codes and to copy codes for embedding on other sites, when permitted by members whose work you want to use. You agree that you will not (a) modify or cause to modify these codes; (b) modify or cause to modify the display of any Submission, including watermarks, copyright notices, logo or slogans; (c) use such codes or any Submission for commercial purposes, unless you have the written consent of the owner of the Submission.
Anonymous submissions are linked to your true identity. This means that if there is a lawful reason to link your Submission to your true identity, we have the capacity to do it. UmeNow, LLC takes your right to file anonymously with utmost seriousness. Unless compelled to disclose your identity by court order or a clear and present danger that cannot await a court procedure, involving immediate physical harm to yourself or others, we absolutely will not disclose your identity.
We are mindful that any organization, company, or individual who uses the internet to communicate is vulnerable to hackers. We do our best to align ourselves with the best server providers to avoid this threat. But there in no fail-safe system. If you have a story of such a sensitive nature that you want an extra layer of protection beyond what we offer with Anonymous status, we invite you to write our anonymous team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are permitted to use a pseudonym. However, please take care not to assume the identity of another person since this will lead to you being banned.